Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: iBook G3 CD/DVD drive...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:12 pm 
I recently bought a CD drive off ebay because my old one burnt up and wouldn't read discs. After I installed it, when I hit the eject button it gives a long beep and won't open. I can manually open it and it will read cds, just won't eject them unless I do it manually. Any idea what's wrong?

I took it apart again and made sure nothing was obstructing the path of it opening. I also read else where of people repairing the disk permissions twice(for some reason) but that didn't work either. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:31 am 
Site Admin

It could be a dead ejecting mechanism on the drive or the bezel hitting the case. Generally you can tell by the sound if it is actually trying to eject but its getting resistance or if it gets the command to eject makes a little sound but nothing really moves.

Post subject: thanks!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:25 am 
It sounds like it wants to eject, but really not a loud sound of it... I think the sound I hear is the laser moving. Is it possible to take the eject mechanism off the burnt up one(which ejected fine) and put it on the newer one?

Thanks for the info in advance!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]