Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Faulty Ram Slot. Ram not recognized. Logic Board Swap?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:01 pm 
I bought this 500mhz used ibook. Everything works fine. I tried to upgrade
the ram with 4 different ram sticks. A 128 one from a wallstreet, a 256 from a Pismo, a 256 from a TiBook, and today, and original apple 256 ram stick pull from a 14 inches iBook. None of them work. I go to get info and system profile and only shows the default 128, the slot as empty. At first I
thought the ram was not the appropriate, but after today I think that the
ram slot is the faulty one. Has anybody heard anything like this before? I read all the posts here and no explanation so far. can a faulty ram slot be
fixed/replaced without paying apple 350 for a logic board swap? which are my options?

Thanks

Post subject: faulty ram
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:03 pm 

I bought this 500mhz used ibook. Everything works fine. I tried to upgrade
the ram with 4 different ram sticks. A 128 one from a wallstreet, a 256 from a Pismo, a 256 from a TiBook, and today, and original apple 256 ram stick pull from a 14 inches iBook. None of them work. I go to get info and system profile and only shows the default 128, the slot as empty. At first I
thought the ram was not the appropriate, but after today I think that the
ram slot is the faulty one. Has anybody heard anything like this before? I read all the posts here and no explanation so far. can a faulty ram slot be
fixed/replaced without paying apple 350 for a logic board swap? which are my options?

Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]