Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stuck Pixels?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:54 pm 
I recently acquired a new iBook 700 mhz. It's an awesome computer, and Mac OS X is great.

There is only one small problem with the computer. The LCD screen has one 'Stuck' pixel. I think it is stuck because it appears to be red all the time (not black). I talked to AppleCare and they wanted to charge me 50 dollars to talk to a technical support person. I didn't talk to them, but I did do some research on stuck pixels and found that the only do it yourself solution was to 'massage' the pixel... I attempted to do this, to no avail. Is there a specific technique to this?

Are there any other suggestions to fix it? Should I pay 50 dollars to talk to a technician about a problem that is not really considered a problem by most lcd manufacturers?

thanks

-tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Tyler,

Apple recognizes the fact that it sells displays with bad pixels. If you get one with bad pixels, then you're out of luck. Apple will only fix the problem if there is a large amount of dead pixels. There is no fix other than replacing the LCD. Don't pay $50 to talk to a tech. They'll tell you the exact same thing.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:17 am 
did you offer a glass of merlot before the massage? works with my wife.

cheers!
Chisholm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]