Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: AC Power Adapter Port
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:45 pm 

The small tip of the power adapter for the iBook broke off of on my adapter, and I am unsure but it may be inside the AC connector on the laptop. Carefully testing another adapter, it will not fit all the way into the connector. Clealy either the AC Port is damage (worst case) or there is some obstruction.

Assuming that this broken piece may be in there, what would be the best method of extraction. The laptop is no long under warranty, would there be any repair services that would not be too costly. Would powerbookmedic offer any such servies?

Is there a clear way of removing the obstruction possibly through opening the laptop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:35 am 
Site Admin

There is no way to extract it. You have to replace the AC in board. WE can special order the part for $119.95. Email us at support@powerbookmedic.com

Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:10 am 
I have the same problem as the guy mentioned above, where can i get this repaired? Can i send it to you guys?

And what is the cost of doing this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Email us at support@powerbookmedic.com and we'll get you fixed up. The cost is $119.95 for the part + $65 repair labor.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: Loose AC adapter receptacle?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:50 pm 
Hi -
Can you tell me if buying a this item from Powerbookmedic.com will fix my problem:

DC (Power In) Board - (White iBook) This is the part that your AC adapter plugs into. If your adapter broke off in your unit, then this is the part you need to replace.
Details:
Quantity 1 item(s) available
Weight 1.00 lbs
Price: $ 119.95

Here's my problem:

I have an Apple Macintosh "2001-or-later style" iBook laptop - white plastic case, 500mhz G3. Apple model number is M6497. It is fine except for one thing: maybe the receptacle for the external AC power adapter needs to be repaired or replaced.

Under normal circumstances, when I insert the AC power plug (shaped like a stereo's male "RCA plug") into the female receptacle on the right side of the computer, the plug (actually, an LED built into the plug's shell) glows dim yellow to signify that the computer is taking a charge; when it turns green, the battery is fully charged. If the LED turns bright yellow, it is not taking a charge.

Now, most of the time, the plug glows bright yellow, and the charge indicator (on-screen when the computer is running) in fact shows that the computer is not receiving a charge. If I apply soft pressure to the plug with my fingers (applied perpendicular to the direction of the plug) or if I rotate the plug in its socket (sometimes), the plug will make contact and the computer will take a charge.

If this is not the right part, please tell me what I should buy. Also, I buy one, are any installation instructions available?

Thank you
Steve H

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Steve,

I believe we answered your question in an email. In summary, yesTit sounds like this part is the one you need.

-Bradley

Post subject: "(shaped like a stereo's male "RCA plug")&quo
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:31 am 

Hi,

Is it possible to get this AC-power plug seperately??

:?: :?: :?: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:16 am 
Site Admin

What do you mean separately? We do sell the DC in board separately.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: ONLY PLUG...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:58 am 

Thats it what i mean...

THX

powerbookmedic wrote:
What do you mean separately? We do sell the DC in board separately.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:40 am 
Site Admin

For those of you looking for the DC-IN board, it is now $79.95, and available from the link below:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/cu ... t=0&page=1

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]