Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: G3 wallstreet backlight fails on wake from sleep
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:22 pm 
thanks in advance for any help

I have a wallstreet 266 that has OS X 10.2 where the backlight comes on on startup but will not light up after putting to sleep or closing lid. The LCD is functional as I can barely see an image.

any suggestions?

Post subject: mine too
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:58 pm 
I have a 300mhz Wallstreet, and mine all of a sudden suffers from the same problem. What gives?

Post subject: No LCD upon wake up from sleep
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:43 pm 
I have had the same problem, and I'm running OS8.6.1 on my WS/300: Frankly, I've never had an Apple laptop that could wake up properly ;-) Here's what I do with my WS: If it goes to sleep, press the power key to shut it off -- you'll hear the chime when the dialog box appears -- then press "Enter" to shut down, and re-boot. Then, set the computer to not sleep, but spin down the hard drive. Instead of sleeping, just turn down the brightness/contrast. Inelegant? Sure, but no sleep problems ;-)

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:57 pm 
This started for me after some updates to 10.2. I'm at 10.2.8 now. Solution? Boot into OS9, put the 'book to sleep once or twice, then boot back in to OSX. Your backlight problem should go away.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]