Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can't hot swap batteries
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:30 pm 
Hello,

I recently bought a 300 mhz Wallstreet powerbook. Everything works with one exception. I can't hot swap the batteries when the computer is asleep. When I try, the computer locks up (really, it shuts off), and I have to connect the ac adapter to get it to reboot. Someone suggested I leave it plugged in for 48 hours, but that didn't work. What should I try next?

Zach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Zach,

Were you ever able to do this? When you take out the batteries, and you aren't on AC power, the computer has no juice to run from and will shut off accordingly. Even if you put it into sleep mode, it shouldn't work.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:02 am 
Well, I've never tried it, but from what I've read, I thought it was possible. I read this on apple.com, and this is why I thought it was possible.

"A fully charged internal backup battery allows you to leave a G3 Series PowerBook in sleep mode for approximately 4 minutes before it shuts down. This should be adequate time to remove and replace a main battery. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:13 am 
Site Admin

The term "full charged" and wallstreet pram battery shouldn't really be used in the same sentence. The batteries drain relatively quickly. If you got a brand new battery it would be possible. But on a factory battery it isn't.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]