Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: broken ac power input thingy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:53 pm 
I haven't been able to charge my batery lately. It seems to be dude to the fact that the AC Power Input thingy is loose and probebly one of the connects to the board is broken. How should I go about repairing it? I don't really wan't to buy a new ac power board because it is worth more then a completely new pb 233 on ebay. And I don't nessarily wan't to pay around 75$ for a repair that I might be able to do my self.

Post subject: Re: broken ac power input thingy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:51 pm 
dude witha pb 233 wrote:
I haven't been able to charge my batery lately. It seems to be dude to the fact that the AC Power Input thingy is loose and probebly one of the connects to the board is broken. How should I go about repairing it? I don't really wan't to buy a new ac power board because it is worth more then a completely new pb 233 on ebay. And I don't nessarily wan't to pay around 75$ for a repair that I might be able to do my self.

I have the same problem w/mine! Someone pleaase help!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:52 pm 
I have the same problem w/my PB as well! please someone help w/this problem...any suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:00 pm 
I've got the same problem w/my pb too! the AC plug is loose or something~I'm no computer wizz so I'm not sure what its called..when u plug it in the LED lite flashes on(green) and the screen pops on for a second then shut down,when this happens the PB sounds really loud running sound.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:29 am 
Site Admin

The problem is a common one. The only fixes are to either resolder the DC jack to the Sound / AC board, or replace the Sound / AC board. The repair is not extremely difficult, and our guide can walk you through the task.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]