Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: OS X and PowerLogix
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:49 pm 

I installed a PowerLogix 400MHz card in my Wall Street, and I would like to know if anyone has this same set up. When I try to upgrade from 10.1, the hard drives are grayed out, and I cannot make either of them active.

I assume this means variations of X above 10.1 do not support the card, but if there is a work around, I would appreciate hearing of it. Thanks.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Mike,

I'm guessing your hard drive size is over 8GB. To install OSX on a Wallstreet or to upgrade, you have to partition your hard drive so that at least one partition is 8GB or less. Otherwise, your drive will be greyed out. It shouldn't have anything to do with Powerlogix. Let me know if that's the problem.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:35 pm 

That's correct. I put a 20 gig hd in when I installed the PowerLogix card.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

So problem fixed? Just partition the drives and you should be set.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:46 pm 

Alas, no. The hd was partitioned for 10.1. I tried to install Jaguar directly from that, but it would only go so far into the installation process when the screen would gray out and the installation would cease. So, I decided to try the downloads in sequence, and that is when the hd's were grayed out. Since my internal modem was not functioning, and 10 didn't recognize a PCMCIA modem, I bought a modem for the printer port. That is when I got the grayed out hd's. I don't know why modem location would matter, but I have hopes that when I get the internal modem installed, things might work. A friend had the same problem but can't remember what he did to solve it.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:07 am 
Site Admin

I'm not too sure about the problem. Since OSX is not officially supported on the Wallstreet, I don't reccomend customers use it. It causes nothing but headaches. Even if you do get it running, the incompatibility problems you have aren't worth it. Best of luck.

-Bradley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:36 am 

Thanks Bradley. I appreciate your efforts.
Mike

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]