Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: freeze
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:38 pm 

Recently I replaced the VST Zip drive module in my Wall St G3. The new drive fit in the old caddy with no problems. I find now that I cannot hot swap the Zip drive, as when I try, it is not recognized and the computer is apparently locked up as nothing happens when the mouse button is clicked. When the Zip drive is removed whatever commands were given during the time the computer was "locked up" are executed in the order that they were given. The drive will wok only when placed in the expansion bay when the machine is off and then started. What is going on?

Post subject: What OS?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:42 pm 

In which Mac OS were it frozen up? We have VST Zip 100MB Module and the reaction, the behavior, was the similar to yours lately. Ours is Mac OS 9.2.2.

We planned to add more size of PB Wallstreet memory chips, install new HDD and then replace daughtercard with G4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:49 am 

rottboys,

i am runninng os9.2

i resolved the problem by downloading the vst driver and installing same.

don't think that any of your planned upgrades will help, as the drive will not be recognized w/out the vst driver.

good luck,

waterson

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]