Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: CANT TURN ON COMPUTER HELP!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:04 pm 
I dont know what happened
i tried turning on the computer and it wont work. Earlier in the day i was installing OS X 10.2 on it and the froze so i hit CTRL FN SHIFT and power to reset it, and then i tried again installing well it just froze when i started up so i gave up. Then i come back a few hours later and it wont turn on. I know i have power because when i press the CTRL FN SHIFT and power, the fan turns on, and when i release the keys the little light turns on for a second. But after that nothing happens when I press the power button alone. If anyone knows what might be wrong with is please let me know how i might be able to fix it thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:59 pm 
I am having the same problem. I did not do a new install, but I went to turn on the computer one day, and only the fan will power up. I get the green power light, but the hard drive will not spin up. Any ideas?

Post subject: this is sooo agrivating
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:23 pm 
It seems to only turn on when it wants to

Post subject: hey i found the answer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:01 pm 
i brought it for free consultation to this guy, and he said it was the logic board, so i ordered a new one!?
i hope thats my only prob, ill let you know if it works

Post subject: PB 300 won't start
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:09 am 
I have the same problem. When I plug in the charger (new UFO design) the green light and fan turn on for a couple of seconds only. Then both turn off and there is no more activity. The battery will not charge either. It stopped working after it was moved while running on battery. The battery slipped halfway out of the bay and the system went off. Will not boot since then. Is it a bad Logic Board or Power Mgmt Unit?

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:58 pm 
Have the same problem also, exactly as described.

Post subject: Re: CANT TURN ON COMPUTER HELP!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:38 pm 
clancywiggum wrote:
If anyone knows what might be wrong with is please let me know how i might be able to fix it thanks.

Well, I don't know what is wrong, but I found a way to revive my G3/233.

After nothing happened I just opened the PB as far as easily possible: Removed the battery and CD-drive, removed the keyboard, unscrewed the harddisk opened the cover of the processor board and removed that as well. Then exchanged the 2 RAM modules (the lower is now the upper... don't know if that makes any difference though). Then reassembled all again and made a power reset (Ctrl + Fn + Shift), and it started up as usual. Hope it will not be necessary to do this every day...

Good luck, Christian.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]