Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wallstreet having problem finding hard drive
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:26 pm 
Over the past few months my trusted PowerBook G3 292mhz has begun t have problems finding the original 8gig hard drive. I have removed the drive and installed it in an external firewire enclosure and attached it to my G4 Cube - all files seem to be OK except the OS X boot files seem to have been corrupted. I recovered all files that were important. I then erased the disk and reinstalled everything, replaced, the drive in the Powerbook and started it up without a problem. The next day the Powerbook cannot find the drive. When I press on the hard drive or keyboard - it seems to make a better connection and is able to boot from the hard drive. I don't think there is a problem with the hard drive since it works in the external firewire enclosure and I am able to boot from it multiple times. I've tried tightening the screws that hold the hard drive in place but that doesn't seem to help - any suggestions. About a year ago I tried to replace the drive with a 20 and 40 gig with no success - had similiar problems then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

OSX installs quite differently on a Wallstreet than it would on your Cube, and that is probably the reason it won't boot.

I'd suggest wiping out the hard drive, and installing OSX with the hard drive in your Wallstreet.

If you think it's the hardware connection, make sure the ribbon cable connecting to the logic board is secure. It is underneath the processor and heat sync.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]