Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Wallstreet Died?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:10 am 

Dear All,

I have a G3 wallstreet and tired to swap the bluechip card out for the original 233 card. I was trying to use xpostfacto to install 10.3. after installing the 233 card, when I pressed the power button, nothing happened and after a while I started to hear a clicking noise like a short circuit. So i pulled out the power plug from the mains and on reopnening the powernook found that the processor was quite hot. So i placed the bluechip upgrade card back with the RAm as beofe and again could not powerup. This time I stated to hear the clicking noise atright away, and there is faint flicker in the screen coinciding with the clicking noise.

What have I done. Is the powerbook doomed? It was fine running 9.2.2 with the G3 card and 384 RAM.
Any advice to save my powerbook would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried to apply a magnet on the right side as I have an IBM 20GB HD - No luck. Now when I connect the power cord to the mains, the green LED starts to flicker, therer is a faint flicker of the dark screen and sometimes a clicking noise. The only way to turn the bpowerbook off is to switch off at the mains.

Is it possible to fix this problem?

Thanking you in advance

Thirayan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]