Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: MCE considering remanufacturing Xcarét Pro DVD/CD-RW Drive
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:29 am 

I had a recent conversation with a tech at MCE who informed me that the company has received the "shells" for their DVD/CD-RW Drives for the Pismo, Lombard, & Wallstreet. I was told that plans are going forward with remanufacturing the DVD/CD-RW drives for the Pismo & Lombard . . . no decision has been made regarding the Wallstreet version. Those of you who have tried know that the original MCE Xcarét Pro DVD/CD-RW Drive had a limited production in 1998-2000 and is almost impossible to find on E-Bay, etc.

If there is a groundswell of support, perhaps MCE will put the Wallstreet version back into production as well? Contact "Ben" at MCE (800-5000-MAC) to express your interest in this.

In the meantime, if anyone knows of a place to purchase an original Wallstreet MCE Xcarét Pro DVD/CD-RW Drive please send me the contact info. Thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:31 am 

What is it about this particular drive that makes it diff from the standard DVD-ROM drive for the Wallstreet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:26 am 

It is a read AND write drive (what the "RW" means) for the Wallstreet - both CDs & DVDs (it can burn CDs & DVDs). The original DVD-ROM Drive is a read-only drive. I spoke to MCE last month - no plans now or in the future to make these drives. The only hope of finding one is now E-Bay. If you know of where to find one, let me know !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:38 am 
Site Admin

From what I've heard it seems unlikely this will ever materialize. I think eBay will be the only way to get these drives.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]