Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: modem on Wallstreet
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:13 pm 
I am trying to install Earthlink on my laptop so I can use it on vacation. The message that there's no Open Transport/PPP keeps coming up. The system profile shows that installed and on. When I look at options, I don't find "modem", only ethernet or Appletalk as options for connecting. Any ideas what the problem may be? I installed a larger hard drive, but that shouldn't have any effect on modem, should it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:34 am 
I've tried finding drivers for a modem, as suggested in the earlier posts. However, all I can find is the latest update. Can someone tell me where to find the 1.? Even a search for that results in nothing. When I tried to configure my modem, the dialog box says it doesn't exist or is disabled.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:42 pm 
I now realize that the main problem is that there is no Modem Control Panel available in the pull down menu. I did find the drivers, but they were already there.The problem is that I have no option to choose the modem. I know this used to be there. Is there any way to reinstall it, short of doing a complete system reinstall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:16 am 
Site Admin

It is completely a software issue. You need to reinstall all of your modem software including such things as open transport. There should be an option in your installation cd to only install selectd components.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]