Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lombard power adapter improvements?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:58 pm 
I can't use my Lombard because of the faulty power adapter that Apple sent to me to replace the original faulty power adapter. Although I have tried another (flying saucer) one, it also sparked and wouldn't always connect correctly, and now I can't get my Lombard to power up at all.

When a friend used his adapter on it, it worked. Before I get yet another one, is there any way that I can tell if the new one will work? Is there a specific date or other info on the adapter that I should look for? I can't ask my friend because he ended up in the hospital with a fatal condition beore I figured out that it was the adapter (at the time I thought he had used mine, then later found out that he had used his own). The tragedy of his situation put all thoughts of the adpater out of my head until it was too late to find out.

I have an iBook now, but I really liked the Lombard and want to use it to run my OS 9 applications.

Post subject: Power
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:28 pm 
Odd.
My UK Lombard runs fine off a US YoYo (M7332) adapter.
I take it you don't know what model powerbook/iBook your friend had?
Sure thers nothing wrong with the AC board?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

The m7332 adapters work fine with the Lombard / Pismo. The adapters can sometimes short inside the adapter which can cause sparking. If this happens, you need to replace the adapter. We sell replacement adapters at the link below:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/cu ... t=0&page=1

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]