Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Have any problems with your Lombard?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:34 am 
Site Admin

With the help of the technicians at Powerbookmedic.com and the rest of the powerbook community, we will try to answer your questions or problems here. You may still email support@powerbookmedic.com if you prefer to have a less public conversation with one of our employees.

---------------------------------
Justin Williams
Webmaster@powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: Re: Have any problems with your Lombard?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:04 am 
My McIntosh Powerbook G3 battery will no longer charge. As long as it is plugged in, everything seems to run fine but as soon as I unplug the power source, it is instantly dead and once plugged back in, the time and date, etc. have to be reset. I have gone through every on;ine information resource to try to resolve the problem. I downloaded "Battery Reset 2.0" which did nothing.

After having no success, I assumed that the battery must no longer be any good so I ordered a new one. When I first but tne new battery in, the icon showed that it was charging and it even remained powered after I momentarily unplugged the laptop. After about 30 minutes though, the battery icon showed that it was no longer charging and when I unplugged it, it was again dead.

I left the computer plugged in overnight in sleep mode hoping that it would charge but it did not. I phoned the company which services all of my firms' apple systems and they told me that that would be a hardware problem which would require sending the laptop to apple for repair. I would be most appreciative if you could let me know what you believe the problem is and what I need to do and how much it would cost to have taken care of. If you need any additional information, I can be reached via cell anytime at 704-904-6273.

Thank you very much.

Thomas Day

Webmaster wrote:
With the help of the technicians at Powerbookmedic.com and the rest of the powerbook community, we will try to answer your questions or problems here. You may still email support@powerbookmedic.com if you prefer to have a less public conversation with one of our employees.

---------------------------------
Justin Williams
Webmaster@powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]