Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook Lombard Memory
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:58 pm 

I have 256 MB memory installed in J1/Top slot and the original 64 MB memory installed in the J3/Bottom slot. My question is can this bottom slot take a 256 MB memory chip? Does it require any special type of memory? I thought I read somewhere that the 256 MB chips don't fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

ya both slots can fit a maximum oof 256mb of pismo compatible ram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:49 pm 

From the Apple specs sheets, it is my understanding that the Lombard can only hold a maximum of 384 ram. Tell me they are wrong! I'd love to be able to put 512 in myt Lombard. :) :) :)

I'm probably going to be replacing part or all of the 320 I have now because it doesn't seem to like Mac OS X 10.2 or vice versa. Seems I may have a hardware conflict. Anybody else have this problem. I bought mine used on eBay so I don't know yet what brand of ram it is. Seems to run great when I boot in OS 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

from my understanding you can put 2 256-mb chips in it, atleast thats what our technicians say. I'll try to slap 512mb in one, and test it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:52 pm 

Took my powerbook to the local Mac Tech guy who only works on Macs and he didn't indicate the Lombard can have more than 384 ram.

Also the diagnosis on why my Lombard won't run 10.2 is because it is running a little warm. According to the tech guy, my machine is running a little warmer than normal (judging from holding his hands over the opening where the keypad fits with the keypad removed). This he tells me is an indication that it is going to go completely sooner than later. :( :cry:
He switched out the ram and that didn't help. So that means some other component could be not up to par causing 10.2 to mega crash on me.

Now to find an ethical way to get rid of it for the most money.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]