Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: What do I need for DVD
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:00 pm 
I have a Lombard 333 runing OS 9. What do I need in order to watch DVDs on it. I don't think it will be as easy as just purchesing a DVD module because acording to Apple System Profiler, there is no DVD decoder installed. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:38 am 
Site Admin

You need to either replace your logic board with a logic board from a 400mhz machine as it will have the DVD decoder, or you can purchase a DVD PCMCIA decoder card. That is in addition to a DVD drive of course.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: DVD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:36 pm 
On a scale of 1 to 5 how hard is it to replace the logic board. If I had the help of your take apart guide?

Chris

Post subject: DVD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:37 pm 
On a scale of 1 to 5 how hard is it to replace the logic board. If I had the help of your take apart guide?

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

Replacing the logic board is probably the most difficult repair on the Lombard, but then again the lombard is an easy take apart. If you've never worked on a laptop before then it would be a 4. If you have, a 2.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: dvd
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:21 am 
Thanks, you have been a lot of help. I am going to buy the take apart guide and try it. I have never worked on laptops before, or computers for that matter, but I am a electrition and am pretty good with my hands, so we will see what happens. If I break it it is my own stupid fault.

Chris

PS I am confident in my self, I don't think there will be a problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]