Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sound/Battery Issue
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:49 am 
Hello

My Lombard has two issues that i would like to know if they are related.

The built in speakers do not work(havent since i got it second hand about a month ago), yet i can plug a set of headphones or other mini plug device into the sound out port and there is sound a plenty!

Is it just a loose wire inside?

Secondly, the battery that came with it is dead - will not charge at all. I have used battery reset 2.0 on it, but no go. The PB indicates the battery is inserted when you put it into either side, but does not indicate that it is charging, the little charge level indicator sits at the bottom of the battery symbol. If you take the battery out the cross comes up through the battery.

Is it likely to be simply a failed battery, or are the two issues related?

Nat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:21 am 
Site Admin

The speaker issue is most likely a loose wire. There are two sets of wires that plug into the Sond / AC board. One is the speaker and one is the power button. Make sure both are securely fastened. If that doesnt do it, then you'll need a speaker replacement. As far as the battery, it is most likely just a failed battery. I'd try a replacement before anything else.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]