Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: my g3 400mhz usb powerbook is kaputz!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:46 am 
My pwerbook is funny. It likes to hum when I hit the reset button but that's all it does. The green light goes on and it hums. Once in a while it would start-up but then I would find it with a blank screen once again. My battery is dead as well. I can only use the power adapter now. What seems to be the problem? I'm ready to buy the parts necessary since I needed it to work a week ago.

frustrated artist,

anjovaman

http://www.anjova.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:46 am 
Site Admin

Does the computer chime? It sounds like your processor may need to be replaced. If your batteries don't charge, then you either have bad batteries or need a new Power / Charger board. All parts are available from our online store.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: re: my g3 400mhz usb powerbook is kaputz!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:27 am 
Brad,

No, it doesn't chime. It hums. What parts do you recommend that I get? I'm thinking about installing these myself. I was ale to fix my sister's iMac by finding out it had a bad monitor. So I hooked it up to an external one.

~anjova
http://www.anjova.com

Post subject: batteries
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:32 pm 
If you are using the original batteries, the most likely solution is to buy a replacement battery. I had to replace the battery in mine, and until my recent L2 cache/PowerLogix-not-being-woth-$^&# problem, the replacement battery is still going and going...
B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:46 pm 
Site Admin

If it doesn't chime, then most likely your processor is the first thing you should try to replace. If that doesn't do it, the logic board. The battery charging issue is separate from this.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]