Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2006 MacBook 1.1 Strange Shutdown Problem
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:48 am 

Hi,

I have a macbook white 2006 (Core Duo Model: MacBook1, 1)

From several months i have been experiencing a strange sudden shutdowns problems.

When the mac charge level drops to around 30% it turns off suddenly, and the same happens when the mac is plugged-in and reaches full charge. after a while it unexpectedy shuts down. (evend on 90% cool idle conditions)

The Apple Hardware Test does not see any problem. If i remove the battery eand leave it plugged in it never shuts down unexpectedly.

Thinking it was a problem of battery or power supply I bought a new Apple original battery and a new non-original compatible power supply, but the situation has remained the same.

I noticed that when the mac is plugged and charghing, the status battery LEDs do not light one after another, but only the first one flashes, but if I press the button that lets you see the charge status the LEDs light up to indicate the correct charge status.

A few weeks ago I noticed that the magnetic connection on the original Apple magsafe adapter becomes very hot even after only ten minutes being plugged, This is not the case for the non original power supply.

The fans also often go to the maximun even if the processor and virtually unused and the mac is cool.

I would like to know if these symptoms are due to some hardware problem you already know
and what do you advise me to do.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 2006 MacBook 1.1 Strange Shutdown Problem
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

my only guess would really be a faulty battery cable. The only thing after that is a bad logic board.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:20 am 

Hi,

Is the faulty battery cable that you mention the MagSafe DC-In Board ? or something else ?

if it is something else, can you please tell me if it is replaceable and if you have it on sale on your site?

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:43 am 
Site Admin

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/MacBook-Battery-Cable-13-NEW-p-17020.html

Its a different part.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]