Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: HELP!Black Macbook 2.2ghz not turning on/optical drive broke
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:40 pm 

I have a 2.2Ghz Black Macbook 2.2ghz 1 gig of ram.

The computer doesnt turn on but:
White light is turned on in the front
Fan spins
Optical Drive makes weird noise and does not stop (sounds like a cd keeps trying to eject)
Hard Drive spins
Ram also works
External drive seems to work as well (small light bulb on the external drive turns on when connected through usb)

Everything working leads me to believe that its not the logic board (could be wrong please tell me if I am)
The optical drive is jammed with parts that are from it, nothing can be inserted into it because metal pieces are blocking it.

Can the Macbook not be turning on because the optical drive is so damaged? I do not want to buy a new optical drive if it was a broken board I would much rather sell it on ebay and get every penny I can for it. Please Help!

Post subject: Re: HELP!Black Macbook 2.2ghz not turning on/optical drive b
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Try holding down the alt/option key when you boot up and see if it lists your hard drive there. It is possible for the optical drive to mess up the booting process but usually only if a cd is stuck in there. If you see the hard drive listed, choose that and boot up directly from that and see if it works.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]