Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Macbook Keyboard & Trackpad Problem
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:31 am 

2 weeks ago I came across your website and saw the guides on repairing Macbook so I finally decided to replace the LCD screen myself. Today I received my order and after struggling for 2 hours and 45 min I was successful in replacing the LCD screen and I am very happy with the product.

6 months ago my wife accidentally dropped my A1181 Macbook 13in. The screen was cracked and the keyboard and trackpad stopped working. I ordered replacement keyboard from Ebay from a seller that claims that the keyboard was tested and is in working condition but it didn't work when I installed it and there was no return policy so I never really bothered returning it. I've been using USB mouse and keyboard ever since.

Last week for some weird reason the keyboard and the trackpad started working again but it only lasted for 3 days. When you boot up the macbook it says that there is no keyboard and mouse detected. While I was replacing the LCD screen I made sure that the keyboard connector is plugged in snug and tight. I also tried reinstalling the keyboard that I bought from Ebay again but it still doesn't detect it. I even reinstalled OS X using USB mouse & keyboard, same problem.

I am thinking of buying a replacement keyboard from you guys but I am not sure if the problem is actually the keyboard itself or the keyboard connector in the logic board.

If I buy the keyboard and it happens to be that the problem is actually the keyboard connector in the logic board can I return the product for a refund? I understand that there is a restocking fee and shipment fees are non-refundable but I need your advise before I purchase the keyboard. Thank you so much! :D

Post subject: Re: Macbook Keyboard & Trackpad Problem
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

You'd only be responsible for the shipping and the 15% restocking fee if the board works but is not needed.

Typically you'd see some corrosion or burn damage near the connector on the logic board if its the board itself. I'd say it is probably just the top case.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 pm 

I found burn marks in the actual heat sink and some screws near it. Could this be the problem and the logic board maybe the root of the problem? I don't see any sign or corrosion or burn marks near the connector. Besides the keyboard and trackpad problem the macbook seems to work just fine with a USB mouse & keyboard.

Please advice. Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:30 am 
Site Admin

I can't think of anything near the heat sink that would affect the keyboard. It's possible, it just seems unlikely. Up to you what you want to do. You can either order the top case and see if it fixes it or you can take it somewhere or send it to us for a free diagnosis and we'll test everything out for you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]