Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Intermittant Vertical bars
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:02 pm 

I have a 13 inch unibody MacBook that has a display issue. Currently there are 2 bars, both about an inch wide running from the top to the bottom of the display. The bars are basically distorted blurry lines, almost like a negative image of the screen. What's strange is that the bars are not always there. They come and go. I can make one of the lines go away based on the screen angle or pushing on various parts of the display. Occasionally, both bars go away.

I'm considering sending it in to you to see if it's fixable for not too much $$, but I wasn't sure if it was a display issue, or logic board, or both, or neither!

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Adam

Post subject: Re: Intermittant Vertical bars
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Typically if the problem gets better or worse depending on the angle of the display it is going to be a display cable issue. Unfortunately these cables are hard to come by and the only sure way to get a good one is with a complete display from apple.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 pm 

when you say, "a complete display from apple", does that mean i can't have you put a new display in, I have to go through apple?

Also, is it safe to assume that a new display would fix the issue, or could it be a more deeper issue? Meaning, if I put a new display in it, would the problem still exist and end up damaging the new display?

Thanks again,
Adam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

we can special order the complete displays but they are very expensive. Usually in the $600 range.

I doubt its anything in the base of the machine. We've seen maybe one case where there was an issue with the display port on the logic board where any type of pull caused it to partially lose connection and required a new logic board, but it's highly doubtful that is your problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]