Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Replacing MacBook Case
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 pm 

I was thinking of replacing a couple of items on my 2006 White MacBook now that my AppleCare has expired. By luck, I have another MacBook of the same vintage in my basement that supposedly has a problem with the logic board. It's hardly been used and I was considering just scavenging it for parts to breathe new life in to my MacBook.

So I was wondering, on a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult it might be to replace the following parts, and how much of a risk I'd be taking in the process of exchanging it. I consider myself decently knowledgeable when it comes to electronics, and I could always enlist the help of some more technically inclined friends.

• The top case
  • The bottom case housing
  • The display

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Replacing MacBook Case
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 am 
Site Admin

The top case is quite easy. Probably a 2 in difficulty, replacing the entire display and bottom case are more involved. They would be more in the 6-7 range.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]