Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Macbook air lcd shows white, but works externally
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:13 am 

This is perhaps the weirdest thing I have come across. I really rather not make an expensive mistake assuming so I rather ask the pros about such a thing... The computer functions fine when connected to an external monitor, but the internal lcd stays white the whole time its on... Now heres where I am unsure. Isight camera does not work, and neither does the light sensor for the keyboard backlight when logged on using mac osx 10.5.8. I saw another thread on the cable being pinched in the hinge, and wanted to point out that the hinge where the lcd cable travels through is broken, but the other side is fine. My question is does everything work through the lcd cable that plugs into the logic board or is everything separate. Any help would be excellent, because my back is against the wall I'm just out of apples one year warranty, and failed to get the applecare extended warranty what a poor mistake on my part...

Thanks again for your help guys

Post subject: Re: Macbook air lcd shows white, but works externally
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

There are separate cables for each. The inverter cable which controls the backlight goes up the left hinge, and the display cable which controls the picture and the iSight goes up the right hinge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:07 pm 

Thanks a bunch justin I'm finally getting to the point of understanding the anatomy on this thing. The lcd was the last thing left. I'm going to be ordering the cable and a hinge when you guys get them back in stock.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:57 am 

Ok heres my update :cry: I replaced the cable to the lcd and isight and I still don't get a picture only a white screen... This is proving to be pretty expensive, but the only thing is the next step can be either the logic board or the whole screen including isight and Mic.. I just don't know which to buy... Buying both would be equivalent to another macbook air so I wont do that, but would love to get away with just the screen or the logic board... What would it be that makes it to where I check in the system profiler and it doesn't even show anything plugged in, and also does not register the isight in the profiler.. ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

if isight isn't being detected and you aren't getting a picture and the cable is fine. it pretty much has to be the logic board.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:38 pm 

Just replaced the 13.3 display on my MacAir. The screen shows white, the sensor recognizes light and dims/brightens the screen. It gives display externally. Looking to find out what could be the issue. the display cable doesnt appear to have any damages.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]