Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Replacing Macbook Unibody Fan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:34 am 

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for replacing the MacBook fan. I watched the powerbook medic disassembly video and it looks easy enough to swap it out.

Specifically, I'm wondering how I can get one of the 3 screws out. It was in there really tight. I accidentally stripped it.

Thanks!
jdb

Post subject: Re: Replacing Macbook Unibody Fan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

The video covers it pretty well. If you stripped a screw, you may want to take it to a professional or send it in to us.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 pm 

Hey!

I just wanted to thank PowerbookMedic for existing. You shipped the fan really quick, got here in perfect condition.

I watched your video to make sure I knew how to remove the fan in the unibody and then went at it! To remove the stripped screw I broke the top half of the fan off then applied some pressure to the outside edge while turning the screw. Came out without a problem.

Replaced it with the new fan and now my computer makes NO noise just like it did when I first got it. Staying at a cool 30ºC (rather than the 60ºC - 110ºC with the broken fan). Tested it out with iStat and SMCFanControl to make sure it could go the full range. 2000rpm to 6200rpm perfect. Sounds beautiful after hearing all the grinding and stopping.

I love it.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:50 am 

I have started loving this forum too.
Good to all fans here.

http://www.eurodebt.com/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]