Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sticky Keyboard
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:49 am 

Hi, I've just spill some lemon tea to my macbook which makes my space bar and arrow button sticky and it's very hard to pop up after normal pressed. There's clicky noises as well.

Will I be able to pull up the space bar of a macbook, clean them up and put them back again as in standard laptop?

I've asked for help but the apple center here need about 10 days which not good for me since I travel a lot while I really need this macbook up and running.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:27 am 
Site Admin

You can try to pop it off and clean it, but if it has seeped down too far, it may require a new keyboard which we sell for $84.95.

We have a free keycap guide on our site if you need help getting the keys back on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:04 pm 

Hi, Thank you for your guide... It seems it's better now and the sticky is gone.
I still feel a difference level of comfort to press the key compared to before the accident happens.

Anyway, since I'm overseas, if I bought the keyboard from you and ask apple to change it for me, do you think they will do it? My macbook is still under warranty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

It really depends on the repair shop if they will install parts from other sources.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:53 pm 
justin-pbmedic wrote:
It really depends on the repair shop if they will install parts from other sources.

Hello, I had a similar issue and I just purchased a keyboard from the site. The only thing is I went cheaper and purchased a used santa rosa keyboard...even though mine is a tad older. Now I am concerned that the function keys will not match their actual function, because Apple changed the layout. Is this true? Is there any fix? Thanks!

-David

Post subject: Re: Sticky Keyboard
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

From what I've seen, as long as you are running Leopard the new keyboards will work in the older machines, but if you are still running Tiger, your keys are going to be mapped the old way still.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]