Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Replaced Macbook Screen, Now it won't boot up!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:58 pm 

I recently replaced my macbook screen. But now it won't boot up. It turns on, the screen flashes for an instant, then is off. I can hear the cd drive spin at first(like it always has), and the hard drive is also spinning. Sometimes the fan comes on, sometimes it doesn't. I've double checked all the cables, and they're all secure. Nothing happened when I tried all the resets, and it's not the display, because I hooked it up to my TV, and nothing happened. The OSX install CD also gets the same response. Did I fry something? I have no idea what to do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:51 am 
Site Admin

if it doesn't work on an external display either it sounds like a logic board problem. I would check all the connections.. try to boot it without the nonessential devices plugged in and see if you have any luck getting a picture.

Post subject: Fixed it... somehow.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:00 pm 
Thanks for the reply!

Okay, so this is really random. I took it completely apart, then plugged in only ram, hd, and the display. And it worked. So I powered it up completely after each step of putting it back together, and it turned out there was a screw on a silver bracket under the cd drive, on the top/right side. When I put the screw in, it did the same thing. When I took it out, it worked. Best I can tell something got bent a little and it was grounding something. It just holds a bracket in place, but since the cd drive slides in and is screwed down on top of it, it's not absolutely necessary (I really hope!).

Also you have to be really careful putting the cd drive back in the macbooks, and make sure they line up with the outside hole (it took me a few times to get it right... don't burn out the cd drive motor trying to force iti!)

So my best advice would be: check all the screws?
I don't know, I'm not a professional, that's just what fixed mine.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]