Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Macbook- Black screen - No bootable device--insert boot disk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:24 pm 
I have a new Macbook, I'm in college on line and I try to install a Linux Os in this Mac, the CD is for windows, I choose the start up on this disk and it shows a dos screen and ask me to press any key, so I hit enter and start showing this message several times- gpc_keyb: controller jammed (0xff) - an then it shows a blue screen with a window whit this message - No hard drives have been found. You probably need to manually choose device drivers for the installation to succeed. Would you like to select drivers now? YES NO - so then I try to choose one, and there was no cursor, and I try to type and the keyboard did not respond, I could not shut it down so I unplug it and when I started it back, the screen shows this message -No bootable device --insert boot disk and press any key- I insert the OS x disk it not respond- I remove the Hard Drive and Use a different one and not respond, is there any combo of keys to press or a bootable disk that you know of, I will appreciate any comment, Thank You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:28 am 
Site Admin

Try unplugging the unit, taking out the battery, and holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Then start the unit up and see if it has reset to default settings.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Post subject: Re: Macbook- Black screen - No bootable device--insert boot disk
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:50 am 
Try to boot holding down the option key and choose the the Mac OSX, if that fails insert the system install (Mac) disc and try to boot, once again holding down the option key. Once you boot successfully run the repair on the disc using the Disc Utility app.

I hope this helps.

Post subject: Re: Macbook- Black screen - No bootable device--insert boot disk
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:04 pm 
Thank you so much guys!! I though my computer was dead...lol
Thanks,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]