Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Battery Issues...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:23 am 
I have a 13" Macbook, it has the black "X" over the battery...

I've:

Reinstalled 1st battery
Reset SMC and PRAM
Purchased 2nd battery
Replaced battery connector cable

Anymore ideas? Or do I now own a piece of shit desktop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Did anything happen prior to the battery not working (something spilled in the unit, dropped unit, etc...)?

You've tried all teh logical steps. The next steps would be DC-IN Board and then logic board.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Post subject: Battery Issues...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:48 am 
I also have some battery issues I don't know what to do about...
It started about a month ago when I accidently poured coffee over my macbook 13”. Don’t exactly remember what happened directly after that, but all I know is that he won’t/wouldn’t start without being connected to the power with the adapter (so it won’t start on the battery). When I then start the computer connected to the power it starts normally. When I then instantly remove the adapter, the computer still fully functions and keeps continuing the ‘starting process’.
The battery-sign in the right-hand corner of the toolbar shows a big black ‘x’. The indication light in the adapter keeps on being green, even though I know the battery isn’t fully recharged. So it doesn’t recharge the battery.
I’ve already reinstalled my battery, reset SMC and PRAM, exchanged my battery with that for a friend, nothing changed.
All above would – I my eyes – indicated that something is irreparably broken inside my laptop weren’t it that sometimes, and I can only guess when, the indication light turns to orange and the battery sign in the toolbar shows the recharging progress. This happened a few times when I deliberately let the battery fully drain so that the computer shut himself down. When I then restarted the computer (connected to the power of course) the indication light suddenly jumped to orange. This lasted only a few minutes where after the light turned green as suddenly as it did orange. The battery sign in the toolbar ofvourse followed and went ‘x’ again.
To make things even more unclear, this week my laptop out of the blue ‘decided’ to fully recharge my battery. After fully recharging I could even start my laptop without having to be connected to the power. Unfortunately this didn’t last and now my laptop again behaves as I mentioned above.
So does someone have an idea what’s wrong with my macbook and what I can do about it? It’s not really an option to send my laptop to you considering I live in The Netherlands.

Post subject: Re: Battery Issues...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

About all it can be is the battery cable or the logic board. Given the intermittent problem, it is probably the logic board.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]