Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Water Damage
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:53 pm 

So, my MacBook Pro A1261 got water spilled on it. Right now it looks like the only issue is some non-working keys (0, delete, and right shift). Here's my problem, I attempted to take the top case off following the instructions on this site but one of the three phillip's head screws at the edge of the battery compartment has a stripped head. Any idea the best way to remove it. I plan on buying the parts for the repair here, but want to make sure I can get that screw out first. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Water Damage
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Sometimes you can get a stripped screw with a different type of screwdriver like a flathead or torx. If you can't get it at all.. the best way is to make your own slit in the screw so you can get it with a flathead screwdriver. This, however, can be tricky unless you have a very small dremel that won't damage any of the surrounding area.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]