Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Screen still dark after replacing LCD screen, cables...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 pm 

I have a MacBook Pro 15" A1211 model and just replaced the LCD screen with a brand new glossy screen and used inverter board, inverter cable (iSight cable), and LVDS cable (just to make sure I've got everything covered) but still get a dark screen. I can see the images on-screen with a light shining on the new screen, but the backlights, for whatever reason, refuse to brighten the display. Since it's on the same cable, I tested the iSight camera while hooked into my flat screen TV and it worked just fine.

The reason I replaced parts to begin with was because the inverter cable seemed to be damaged due to my carelessness of dropping the laptop and getting the hinge loose and fraying the cable. Over a few months the screen was flickering and eventually went dark, but I could still see (just like now) images on the screen with a light shining directly on it. After doing some research, found that it was probably a cable issue. I was told at the Apple store while talking with the Apple Genius desk guys that it might be a good idea to replace the screen while I was in there, if I could. I went ahead and replaced everything I could since I new it had been dropped to begin with and didn't want future problems with the display.

Now I'm just at a loss. I don't "think" the logic board is screwed up since I don't get other issues with it and the computer runs just fine otherwise. Any suggestions, ideas, prayers lol? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Screen still dark after replacing LCD screen, cables...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 am 
Site Admin

well the problem is you've pretty much ruled everything else out.. so its either one of the parts you bought was defective with the same issue, or probably the case is the inverter cable got damaged and may have shorted out that connection on the logic board.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]