Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Macbook Pro - Plain white screen after replacement
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:46 pm 

Hi,

Macbook pro A1278 13.3"

It originally had lines going vertically down the screen...when the screen was moved the lines dissapeared.

SO...

I took the screen cable out and found that it had been bodged before with electrical tape...so i took the tape off to find a wire was frayed. i carefully soldered the wire back together to make a good connection and when i hooked it all back up the screen was plain white! AHH

Then i bought a replacement cable on ebay, which i later found was second hand, but ''fully tested''. so i fitted than and the same thing... plain white screen.

i then purchased a replacement LCD and replacement Glass panel because it cracked pulling it too hard with the sucker trying to get it off.

SAME ISSUE!!! Plain white screen (but a nice shiny new one)

The computer is booting up because i can hear the ''bong'' and i can turn the volume up and down with fn key etc.

i'm gettin desperate now. it's not my computer, i was fixing it for someone...so if i cant get it fixed i'll need to buy him a new mac because it is now a white screen instead of a working screen with lines.

I was a computer technician by trade until 2 months ago when i moved into a new job doing website development...so i havent damaged any connectors or the likes. i've taken it to bits and back together atleast 3 times...theres not a single screw or part left out...i've looked closely at the connectors on the motherboard and screen and they look fine.

is there anything i can try? anything anyone would suggest?

I personally think the cable might be a duff one, but i cant be sure and i dont want to fork out another £35 on a 6 inch cable until everything else is ticked off/i have some clarification.

Post subject: Re: Macbook Pro - Plain white screen after replacement
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

white screen is typically an issue with the display cable either being partially damaged or not connected well on one of the ends.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]