Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Macbook pro charging issues!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:15 pm 

Hi!

I have a macbook pro (mid 2010) that has a strange problem. Everything works well except the charging part. Often when i plugg in my charger, nothing happens. The macbook won't recognise that the charger is in fact attached and the green/orange light on the connector won't light up. If i unplugg the charger and wait a while and then replugg the charger, it works and the macbook is charging normally.

I bought the macbook from a friend that told me that he believes it is a fault on the logicboard. Can this be the problem? Is it possible that something is wrong with the DC-in board?

So to clarify, the macbook sometimes recognise the charger and sometimes it won't. Everything else works like a charm and the computer runs perfectly on battery.

Best regards

Olof from Sweden

Post subject: Re: Macbook pro charging issues!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 am 
Site Admin

I would try a new magsafe board or a new adapter first. Logic board would be next in the list though, and its an expensive repair.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]