Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 17" Macbook Pro Black Screen, No Chime on Start Up
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:20 am 

Ok, so there was a small amount of spillage on my MBP. I immediately shut the machine down, took the case apart and let it dry over night.

The next day I put it back together, start it up, and everything's fine except I obviously need a replacement keyboard as some of the keys/lights don't work. I order one from here, install it, and the machine works as it should for three days with no problems.

We had plans to go camping over the weekend and in a hurry I print out directions leaving the MBP unplugged.

Two days later we come back. I know that the battery would be drained. I plug it in to let it charge, and it does. Green light on the AC power supply, the battery is now fully charged.

Basically, when I try to turn it on, it powers on, I get no chime, the sleep light glows but does not pulse, fans turn on, and I believe I hear the HD spin for a second, the DVD drive does not respond, all ports seem unreponsive, black screen, and the new keyboard does not respond.

So yeah, it's showing all the signs of a failed logic board, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could try? It just seems weird that it would run fine for three days after the spill, then not boot up after a drained battery. Any advice is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: 17" Macbook Pro Black Screen, No Chime on Start Up
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

yea typically if you aren't getting any screen at all, and its getting power, but not booting up, it'll be the logic board or bad RAM. So you may want to take out the ram, see if it needs to be cleaned or reseated.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]