Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Replacement LCD screen turns black after Grey Apple Boot
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:06 pm 

I just replaced the LCD (SKU86073) on my macbook Pro A1226.

When I boot the machine I get the normal Grey Apple Boot screen and then the screen goes black. When I plug in a external monitor I can see the machine it sitting at the login screen.

Once I login and check the Hardware from About this mac, it tells me there is no display connected.

I've reset the Pram and it does not help. It's very strange that the display does work at bootup but turns off as soon as the OS boots and display the login screen.

I've checked all cables and such. This is not my first Macbook repair, I've taken Macbook Pro's apart and replaced parts many times.

My motherboard was recently replaced by Apple due to know video issue with the NVideo chipset.

Any ideas?

-erin

Post subject: Re: Replacement LCD screen turns black after Grey Apple Boot
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Best thing to do would be to contact customer support and make sure you have the model LCD we sent you and get the model of your original LCD. On rare occasions Apple used different displays that are not interchangeable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]