Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Macbook Pro 13; upper case compatibility between 2008 - 2010
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:19 am 

Hi all,

I spilled coffee on my mid-2010 model A1278 and have now been offered an older version of the same Macbook Pro (serial num. WQ842AS91AQ ) I believe this is an 2008 model.

There is a small engraved group of numbers on the inside of my upper casing that reads :
F
613-8419-02

The seller told me that his, the older, MBP is equipped with the 2GHz chip as mine is with the 2.66GHz prosessor. Maybe the fittings and routing of wires for the motherboard is different on these two upper casings.

1. Is the upper case and keyboard the same or interchangeable for these two?

2. If not, I´m thinking of washing my upper casing together with the keyboard in an ultrasound washer dipped in non-conductive water ( deionized water ) in order not to have to take the keyboard apart. Has anyone done this? Succes or a waste of time?

3. Is the keyboard available as a spare part?

TIA,
harmac

Post subject: Re: Macbook Pro 13; upper case compatibility between 2008 -
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

1. The logic boards will most likely not be interchangeable. Typically these days, you are stuck with logic boards from the same "release family" so they need to be released at the same time but just have different processor speeds.

2. never done this before. If it isn't major damage, you can sometimes just pop the keys off and try to swab it clean.

3. no, the keyboard only comes with the top case.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]