Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Replacing LCD and Cable does not Fix Backlight Issue
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:30 pm 

Hello,

I am frustrated at my attempt to replace the LCD panel in my A1286. The backlight had failed and I had assumed after reading on the internet that the light was part of the LCD. Being techy and good with tools, I went about following the guide you guys put together so well to replace it. It all went well, except when I turned it on, it was the same. I can see the screen working but only with a desk lamp directly pointed at the screen.

I went about diagnosing the cable. I had noticed a little black patch on one pin on the connection that connected the screen to the logic board. I noticed that the last 2 pins were a little fused or perhaps had even melted the plastic.

I thought, ok, let me buy a new cable, which I did. I went about replacing the cable, but still no backlight. Now I am at a loss as what it might be. I had assumed that the backlight was an independent system on the LCD itself. Is there something else I can check/replace? How does the backlight receive a signal to illuminate?

Appreciate any help here.

Alan

Post subject: Re: Replacing LCD and Cable does not Fix Backlight Issue
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:12 am 
Site Admin

The backlight itself is in the LCD panel, but controlling and powering the backlight is not. Those signals go up that cable. If you see a burned out pin on the cable, it possibly burnt it out on the other end too which could have damaged the logic board. I'd probably get it professionally diagnosed at this point, just so all the components can be tested without you having to order and reorder parts. It's even possible the replacement LCD you got got shorted because of the bad cable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]