Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wont Load OSX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:54 pm 

I just bought a used MBP A1286 2.53 model with 250g drive. I have 750g drive I installed. I loaded the OS on to it but it freeze and mid point then gives a error "Installation has encountered error"

I tried to burn a another disc to see if it could be a bad install disc I got bu same results. I tried 3 different drives and result. I went though everything ram drives disk utilies says the smart is verified. I also even tried cloning the drive same results

But the funny thing is the 250g drive that was in the MBP i put back in to see if I get the same results and it loaded.

SO why when I want to upgrade my drive I cant install the OS could it be bad logicboard hardrive cable

I am fustrated at this point cause

please help

Post subject: Re: Wont Load OSX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

a lot of the times that is a memory issue especially if the memory has been replaced with 3rd party RAM. The installer is a lot pickier about RAM than the actual OS.

If you have the original Apple RAM and an additional 3rd party chip, try taking out the 3rd party chip and running the install. If you don't have any at all, your best bet may be to get an enclosure and clone the old hard drive over to the new one.

Post subject: Re: Wont Load OSX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 pm 

Hey Justin

Did all that ram, 3 different drives same result. Also tryied putting back the OEM drive that came with and it booted fine I leaning towards hardware ie HD cable or something

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]