Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New screen is dim and images are broken up
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:54 am 

I just replaced my santa rosa AU Optronics screen with the new LG replacement. The AU screen, although broken in a three inch wide span worked with the led backlight and was functional. The new LG is now extrememly dim and when you can barely see the images on the screen, they appear pixelated and broken up. They do not appear to be smoothly displayed. Is this a bad screen? I do not think that it is a bad inverter or i/o board failure as even the images are dark, they do not appear smooth. Any thoughts? I appreciate your feedback and the quick ship on my LG replacement screen(although I think I got a bad screen)!
Mike

Post subject: Re: New screen is dim and images are broken up
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

It sounds like a possible bad screen. You'll want to talk to our customer support or warranty department to see what to do next. You can email them by going up to the support link on the orange bar at the top of the page and choosing contact us, or you can give us a call and speak to the customer support department.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:29 pm 

Thanks Justin! PBM is sending me a new screen overnight. Is there any sure way to test and make sure that something is not wrong with either the inverter or the left i/o board?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Typically when the LCD has the 1/3 issue like you described its the LCD itself. Just how they are made they go bad 1/3 at a time.

The inverter or magsafe board would really only cause a backlight problem with the backlight usually being completely off but you can still make out an image if you look real close.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]