Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: MBP A1297 2.66 No Back Light
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:30 am 

My MBP has no back light. During disassembly, I found the keyboard sticking. Why? because someone spilled something on it. I replaced the keyboard and the LCD, keyboard works great but still no back light. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?
Thank for your help. 8)

Post subject: Re: MBP A1297 2.66 No Back Light
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 am 
Site Admin

did you find any corrosion on the logic board any where from the spill. depending on the amount of liquid it can trickle through the keyboard to the main logic board and start killing things off one by one.

I would say unless liquid got into the display, it is most likely a logic board problem which will be very costly to replace.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:38 pm 

No, I didn't find any corrosion on the board, I brought this MBP knowing that the back light was not working. I didn't know that something was spilled on the keyboard, I found very little residue in the computer, most of it was on the RH side looking from the bottom opening around the usb area and the magsafe. That's not to say someone else hadn't cleaned it up before I got it. Could I send the board in to be checked and or repaired? If so what would the cost be?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:00 am 
Site Admin

We offer a free diagnosis on logic boards, but if liquid is detected, we won't be able to repair it. You can see more about our logic board repair service at the link below.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/pages.php?pageid=67

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]