Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wife spilled WINE on MacBook Pro Keyboard...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:23 pm 

Okay; so my wife spilled an entire GLASS of RED wine on my MacBook Pro keyboard..... Small argument took place to say the least.

Luckily, it still boots and functions just fine but a few of the keys are not working (NMLO) and I can't get out of CAP-LOCKS, all text is capitalized.... I even hooked up an external keyboard and things immediately started working normally.

So my question...... I've already attempted pulling the keys off the board and cleaning them but had no luck..... I'm 90% sure its something UNDER the keys (sensor itself)......... I thought about taking the Mac apart but didn't want to chance this before posting here in the Forum.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Tommy

Post subject: Re: Wife spilled WINE on MacBook Pro Keyboard...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:13 am 
Site Admin

I would just advise replacing the keyboard. Most likely its not the physical keys that are damaged but the part under the keys that sends the key presses to the machine.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]