thanks to PowerbookMedic for the whole site! I love to have great info on how to not break everything on my computer while tearing it down
I have a late 2008 MacBook Pro. Model MacBookPro2,2. Last November (2009) I had a weird incident happening. I had left my laptop open and went away for couple hours. When I came back, there was a puddle of liquid below it. Basically it was the size of the laptop and then some. "That's weird", I thought. First I thought somebody had spilled something on it, but the top, or keyboard or anything else closeby was totally dry, so I thought my battery spilled it's liquid out. My battery was old and due for a replacement, so no biggie. After this, I let the whole computer dry for at least a day, after which everything was normal, except the battery was not recognized at all by OS X (as was premused, when battery totally blows it).
Now (before summer 2010) I bought a new factory battery (Apple) and the weirdest thing happened: My laptop recognized the battery, used it dry (off the factory charge) and then didn't charge it at all. So my laptop is using but not charging at all! I checked that the battery is good by trying it on my friend's macbook pro, which worked fine.
To try to repair this, I've tried all the tricks: PRAM, SMC, Battery calibration, even opened up the laptop and checked all the connections and made sure there wasn't any visible damage.
So now I basically the problem can only be either Logic Board or the DC-board. But I think it's weird that it uses the battery, but doesn't charge it...
Can anyone give any pointers as to where to look next?