Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: MBP 15 Late 2006 - No Backlight
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 am 

...Saw a posting about A1226 but not sure if it's the same model (I don't see a model # on the sticker)

Anyways, I seem to have a backlight issue. if I apply pressure on the case next to the hinge then the screen lights up, otherwise it's very dark. Issue has been intermittent in the past but now I never get the backlight.

Using external video is fine, but would be great to get the screen working again.

Post subject: Re: MBP 15 Late 2006 - No Backlight
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 am 
Site Admin

It looks like you have a A1211 based on your date. With a non-LED screen there are a few possibilities with backlight issues. It can be the backlight in the LCD assembly itself, it can be the inverter board which controls the brightness, or it can be the inverter cable that goes from the inverter board to the logic board.

Based on your description, if it gets better or worse depending on the angle of the display or any adjustments to the hinge it is more likely to be an inverter cable getting pinched.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]