Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: MacBook Pro 17" No display
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:00 am 

Hi, I have a 17" MacBook pro which was working well for many years. I use a combination of Windows XP and MacOS and while I was working in Windows, I performed a disk defrag which I believe is the cause of my problem; NOTHING APPEARS ON THE SCREEN ANY MORE!!!

I could hear it start up but could not see anything anymore and when I try to hook it upto an external monitor, It just isn't working. So I checked the MacBook Pro User Guide and so I reset the PRAM and could hear the mac startup sound.---> STILL NOTHING!!!

Now I hear the Mac startup sound when I restart the computer but still no screen. I can control the keyboard brightness and the sound but not the display brightness...
Where do I go from here because there is important data I need to retreive and I know the computers alive so I know it should be accessible.

Any advice would be great... If I can't restore the computer somehow, can I still retrieve my files?

Thanks for your time and I will await eagerly for a reply because this has driven me crazy.

Kind Regards
Moodru

Post subject: Re: MacBook Pro 17" No display
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 am 
Site Admin

Typically if there is no backlight and no picture, it can be either the magsafe board on the LED screen models (A1229 and A1261) or the GPU on the logic board is damaged.\

We sell the magsafe board on our site, or if you want to send in the machine to us, we do have a free diagnosis and a logic board repair program if it does turn out to be that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]