Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: 17" Macbook pro Airport, USB and other stuff not working
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:04 pm 

Hello, so I have a Macbook Pro with 17" screen. A few days ago I opened it up because it was running extremely hot, so I cleaned the fans and the heat sinks, I applied new thermal paste, then I plugged everything back in that I could see and turned it on. The display worked and everything but when I finally get into Mac OSX, it says the airport card is not installed. The USB ports don't work, they aren't even giving off power. A few other things don't function. I did notice that the right fan was not spinning, I believe this was the cause of the overheating in the first place and was not new but it could have been.

So my question is, did I forget to plug something back in? Did perhaps crack the motherboard while taking it out, I don't see where I went wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot for viewing and have a great day.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]