Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: 15" MacBook Pro Model A1286 - No upper case response.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:05 pm 

I have acquired a 15" MBP (unibody)from someone who spilled red wine on the keyboard, when Apple told her it would cost 1300 to fix she just bought a new one. Still having this old one just rotting away, she sold it to me . She said it worked but the keyboard would not respond at all. When I got it ,the battery light would come on and read a full charge, however it won't turn on at all when I press the Power Button.
I decided to take it to a local mac repair shop, where they told me the upper casing is the only thing wrong with it....then they started to explain how the part would cost 550 plus 4hrs of labor @ 65 an hr......totaling around 850 !
I'm going to replace the upper casing myself but i wanted to try to turn it on with out using the jumpers, does any one know how i can turn this thing on without the keyboard or power button???
Thanks and any info on this repair ie.. links , videos.... would be very helpful.

P.S. I'll be buying the parts from PBM .

P.P.S Got a broken iPhone Screen call 772-233-9974 %10 off if you mention powerbookmedic !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]