Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: MB Air no Backlight after replacment
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:53 pm 

Hello,

I just installed the replacement LCD I order from powerbookmedic, it was quickly done thanks to the video tutorial.

But the back light isn't working, the old display had a crack but the back light was working,so the cables should be ok.

Does anyone has clue what I might did wrong ?

(atm. the LCD is in place the cable is connected correctly, and the front bezel is not attached, so far I tried: the brightness keys, attached the power cord, and turned of the light in my room (ambient sensor) none helped)

greetings
Mako :?:

Post subject: Re: MB Air no Backlight after replacment
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:39 am 
Site Admin

You can try temporarily connecting the original cracked LCD in there to see if the backlight still works in it. If it does, it is probably a defective LCD, if not it is probably a loose cable or something possibly happened during the install such as a slightly damaged cable or something on the main logic board.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:17 pm 

I am unfortunately having the same exact issue. Although I did not buy the LCD from Powerbook Medic, I bought it from somone on Ebay. Yet the old broken screen stil lights up fully and really bright, The new LCD does not light up at all but you can still see the image in the background very well. I had RMA'ed the LCD today and hopfully getting the replacement friday. (Also i paid $35USD for Overnight shipping what a crock!!)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:27 am 

Hi justin,

I've tried the old LCD, and it is also dark.

Quote:
if not it is probably a loose cable or something possibly happened during the install such as a slightly damaged cable

Are there other cables besides the "main" adapter that are related to the backlight ?

if it is the "main" cable, can I purchase it somewhere

Thanks in advance!
Mako

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:52 pm 

Ok bad news on my previous replacement screen it was "bad" so i RMA'ed it and have a new one waiting for me , If this new screen does not work I think im screwed, since all the cables are connected, Did something possibly short out? or could it be the main cable? If it is the main cable where can i get one for cheap , eBay has them but they are excessivly expensive starting at $120+ USD.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately if it is not the LCD, it is probably going to be an expensive repair. The cables and other display components are not available separately, so you can only get them used off of ebay or the like. Other than that, it can be the main logic board which is quite expensive.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]