Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: iSight Problems
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:06 pm 

Hi! :)

Heard about this website and thought it might be wise to come here and ask for advice. I have a MacBook Pro 5,1. I received the laptop as a gift around Christmastime, and from then to about July, the iSight worked perfectly fine. One seemingly random day, it just stopped working. I've opened iChat, iMovie and Photobooth, and all I see is a black screen. If I take a picture with photobooth, nothing shows up and the program freezes. Upon reentering, it shows the 'No camera' symbol. In iMovie, I go to film something and it stops as soon as it starts. iChat shows just a black screen. I reset the SMC, and it didn't do much. I don't know what to do. Under utilities, it says it is connected. I would love if someone could lead me in the right direction! I can't bring it to Apple or really send it in, as I run an internet business off of it and am a full time student. Any ideas?

Thank you! :)

Post subject: Re: iSight Problems
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 am 
Site Admin

You can check in System Profiler if the camera is actually being detected, if not, I would take it into Apple if it is still under warranty, otherwise it'll be an extremely expensive repair.

If it is detected, you may want to just create a new user account and login to that to rule out a software conflict.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]